THE NAME OF THE PARTY shall be National Action Council – where “Council” stands for Association complexity of people with total commitment to the goals of righteousness in all the facets of human endeavours.
THE MOTTO: “Power for Action in the hands of the righteous”
THE IDEOLOGY: “African Social democracy of righteousness in Governance”
- Nigeria map encircled by green to denote that Nigeria from the sea to the Sahara shall be an agrarian nation.
- The full sunlight from the East depicting the full power of God of light beaming His light into Nigeria leaving no dark spot; This to bring out all the nation’s resources into full blossom.
- Two hands holding the torch light to herald new dawn of light over darkness – with NAC strongly emerging from total obscurity into the day light of relevance.
We the members of National Action Council shall strongly hold on to our belief:
- In the Oneness of God of all creation, oneness and unity of the nationhood of Nigeria.
- The peaceful living together as brothers and sisters and members of one family of the various ethnic units, tribes and tongues the great God has kindly put together to make the nationhood of Nigeria.
- In Nigerians being first and foremost Nigerians by nationality consciousness and commitments before anything else.
- In total readiness to shed our blood if necessary for the peace, unity and progress of the nationhood of Nigeria.
- In redeeming the soil, face and the four corners of Nigeria from foreign economic, socio-cultural, political and defense imperialism and domination.
- In removing from the whole face of Nigeria corruption in governance, man’s inhuman treatment of man, poverty, wants, food insecurity, social injustice and imbalance.
- In Afro Engineered Social democracy of power for action in the hands of the righteous for the benefit of the masses.
- In Nigeria as a national of Freedom, Liberty, Peace, Prosperity and equal opportunities.
- In Nigeria becoming a strong members of the committee of nations; United nations; The Commonwealth of Nations; The Union of African State and the ECOWAS.
- In Nigeria remaining non allied to any of the foreign blocs.
- In Nigeria becoming a bench mark of honour for the freedom of the continent of Africa from the vestiges of imperialism, domination, wars, wants and sufferings.
- In Nigeria becoming a narrow of technological know with the end focus of developing nuclear power for peace for the benefit of the human race.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES shall (a) be synonymous with our ideology and beliefs as aforementioned and (b) We shall uphold the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Membership of National Action Council shall be open to every Nigerians from age 18 years and above irrespective of his or her religions beliefs, sex, tribe and or tongue.
- No person shall be enrolled or considered a member of the party if he or she has had proven bad record or records in public offices and or those clearly defined by the constitution of Federals Republic of Nigeria as being unsuitable to hold public offices.
- To be a confirmed member of the party he or she must first fill in the membership form, have same duly approved by the membership organ of the party and shall therefore be and continue to be alive to his or her financial obligations i.e.regular payment of membership fee, monthly dues, levies and or donations when ever and where ever necessary
The party structure shall be four stages namely:
- National 2. State 3. Local Governments 4. Wards
The National Secretariat of the party shall be of two dimensional structures (a) For Political expediency and (b) For effective administrative purposes.
- For nearness to the Federal seat of power, the National Political Secretariat and registered office of the party shall be situated in an area within the Federal Capital of Nigeria.
- For cost effectiveness, logistic and strategic nearness to the home base grass root support of the National Leader/Convener / Chairman of the party, the national Administrative Secretariat shall be situated in Erinmo, Itapa-Ijesa Osun State of Nigeria.
There shall be the party Secretariat at each of the state of the Federation; Local Government party Secretariat at each local Government of the Federation and Ward offices at each ward of each local government of the Federation. All in particular meeting the stipulations and guidelines as laid down in the Electoral Laws of Nigeria
- National Central Working Committee
- National Convention
- National Executive Council
- National Directorate
- National Central Working Committee
- National Convention shall be composed of:
- Founder/Leader/National Chairman (b) Deputy national Chairman (c) Board of trustee members (d) National secretary of the party and other Members of National Executive Council (e) Members of National Directorate (f) State party Chairmen/Chairwomen (g) party Members who are serving as Presidents and or Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Senators, House of Representative members, State Governors and their Deputies, State House of Assembly members, national level (i) national Women Leader (j) National Youth Leader (k) Overseas Chairmen and Women and Secretaries of the party (l) Ambassadors (m) Two delegates to represent each State Congress.
- National Executive committee
- National Directorate
Quorum: Twenty five percent 25% of the members composing the National convention shall form the quorum of any of its meeting and decisions arrived at shall be biding on all present or not.
Voting: at the National Convention, State Congress, Local Government and or Ward Congress election/s shall be done on the principle of one man one vote basis and shall be through the secret ballot system.
Counting shall be done in the open as soon as voting is completed and the results immediately announced there and then.
A simple majority shall secure the mandate.
There shall be no noticeable vote rigging and or malpractice’s associated or heard of with other parties. Voting shall be done in the spirit of the Motto and Ideology of the Party and where ever and whenever malpractices are noticed the Party machinery shall be brought in to direct the derailing members back to the path of righteousness.
STATE CONGRESS shall be composed of the followings:
- The State Party Chairman
- The Vice Chairman
- State Party Secretary
- Executive Council Members
- Government office holders
- State Government appointees
- Chairman local Government Councils
- State Directorates
- State party Women leader
- State party Youth Leader
Quorum: shall be as specified for national Convention aforementioned
LOCAL GOVERNMENT CONGRESS: shall be composed of the followings:
- Local Government party Chairman
- The Vice Chairman
- Local Govt. Party Secretary
- Executive Council Members
- Ward Chairman/ Women
- Government appointees
- Local Govt. Party Women Leaders
- Local Govt. Youth Leaders
Quorum: shall be as specified for National Convention aforementioned
NATIONAL CENTRAL WORKING COMMITTEE (CCWC) shall be composed of:
- Leader/Chairman of the party
- Deputy Chairman/Deputy Leader
- National Secretary
- Board of Trustees Members
- Zonal Co-ordinators / Presidential Assistants
- National Women leader
- National Youth Leader
National Central Working Committee shall be the highest party organ having full authority to preside over and ratify all the decisions of the party national Conventions, upholds the strict compliance to the party constitution, maintain party discipline within the rank and file, ratify all disciplinary decisions passed on offending members and may as found and considered fit and proper forgive and or warn any offending members.
The decision/s of NCWC on any matter or all matters concerning the party, its members in general et al shall be final.
No member of the party shall consider himself/herself higher than the NCWC; Every member irrespective of rank and placement in the party shall be subject to the supremacy and authority of the NCWC.
(g) Quorum: shall be twenty five percent of the members composing the NCWC and decisions arrived at any of its meeting shall be biding on all present at the meeting of not.
(h) The National Central Working Committee NCWC shall meet at such place, time and date as to be determined by the National Secretary on the directive and firm instruction of the National Leader/ Chairman of the party.
- Leader/Chairman (i) Shall preside over National Central Working Committee meetings (ii) National Executive Committee (NEC) meetings (iii) presides over National Conventions (iv) Chairman Board of Trustees (v) Signatory to party Bank accounts
- Deputy Leader/ Chairman (i) Acts in the absence of the Chairman (ii) carries out functions assigned to him/her by the Chairman /Leader
- National Secretary (i) Chief Administrator of the party (ii) convenes: NCWC, Board of Trustees, NEC, National Convention meetings under the instruction and directive of the party Leader/Chairman (iii) He/ She keeps records of all meetings (above) (iv) Signatory to party bank accounts (v) He/ She implements all party decisions.
- Deputy National Secretary (i) Acts in the absence of the National Secretary (ii) Carries out functions assigned to him/ her by the Secretary.
- Zonal C0-ordinators (i) Shall act under the directive of the Leader/Party Chairman to lay and maintain solid party foundation within the zones under their domains (ii) To be in charge of the party organs, party state executives and party discipline within their zones (iii) Carry out the decisions of the NCWC on the zones within their jurisdictions (iv) To be members of NCWC and Board of Trustees
- Directors (i) They shall be heads of various directorates of the party administrations to the National Secretary (iv) They shall prepare budgets for their various directorates.
NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- National Chairman shall preside over the executive functions of the party and as aforementioned in article 13
- Deputy Chairman functions as aforementioned in article 13
- National Secretary functions as aforementioned in article 13
- Zonal Coordinators 12 in number shall represent the 12 geographical zones throughout the country (ii) They shall convey zonal meetings at the instance of National Executive Committee (iii) They shall ensure that the party programmes are carried out by elected officers of the party in the 12 zones of the country (iv) They shall maintain discipline among party members in their various zones (v) They shall source for and generate funds into the party.
- National Treasurer (i) Shall keep the accounts of the party (ii) shall be signatory to the party accounts (iii) shall pay into the party accounts all monies coming into the party (iv) Shall meet all payment demands of the party within the party resources as approved by the National Executive Committee (v) Shall pay salaries and emoluments to party staff.
- Director of Finance shall keep records of all financial transactions of the party (ii) shall give regular financial statements of the party (iii) shall prepare party annual budget and present same to the NEC for approval (iv) shall collect and pay party monies to the treasurer
- Director of information/publicity (i) shall be in charge and shall be responsible for information management of the party programmes, policy publications and political campaigns etc. (ii) shall issue press statements as approved by either party headship and or the NEC (iii) shall relate with National and International media groups.
- Director of Administration (i) shall keep the day to day administrative running of the secretariat of the party under the directive of the party National Secretary.
- National Auditor (i) shall audit the party’s national accounts (ii) shall monitor and ensure that the party budgets are thoroughly adhered to (iii) shall present audited accounts of the party to the NEC and upon approval to the National convention.
- National Legal officer (i) shall be the National law officer of the party (ii) shall advise the party on legal matters (iii) shall represent the party and or its national officers on litigation relating to and relevant to the party activities (iv) shall be a members of NEC.
- Deputy National Legal Adviser (i) shall assist the National Legal Adviser
- Director of organization (i) shall work out logistics for conventions, rallies and campaigns (ii) shall organize the placement of the party on solid foundation at the National level and ensure rapid growth and stability.
- Director of Security (i) shall co-ordinate party security matters at the National level.
- Directorate of Research and Planning (i) shall co-ordinate the research, planning and development programmes of the party at the National
- National Women Leader (i) shall be the head of women wing of the party at the National levels (ii) shall mobilizes women for registration as members of the party, and for voting at all elections at the National Level.
- National Youth Leader (i) shall be the Chairman of the Youth wing of the party at the National Levels (ii) shall mobilize youths for registration into the party and for voting at all elections at the National
- Ex-Officio Members shall be members of the National Executive committee in particular representing other considerations not covered by the aforementioned arrangements.
- The National Executive Committee shall meet at such place, time and date as may be determined by the National Secretary on the directive of the National Leader/Chairman of the party.
- The National Executitve Committee shall have the power to create additional National offices, Committees for specific duties and to fill them and or cancel or revoke such offices and appointments for specific duties and to fill them and or cancel or revoke such offices and or appointments as fund fit from time to time.
- Election into various offices shall be through simple majority vote devoid of tension, hate, and acrimony; With the provision that for the smooth running of the party the v Leader/Chairman shall have the power to intervene and use his good position to bring in sanity into the nominations into various offices. His decision shall be final.
- Any elected, appointed and or nominated officer shall reserve the right to resign such office upon serving notice to the National Executive Committee through the National Secretary and shall wait the approval of such resignation before same could be effective.
FUNCTIONS OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
I (i) all be responsible for the day running of the administration of the party (ii) shall be responsible for the implementation of the decisions of the NCWC and the National Convention (iii) shall be responsible for the organization of the National party (v) shall be responsible for the generation of the funds for the running of the enforcement of discipline within the rank and flies of the party (vi) shall be responsible it by the National Central Working Committee NCWC.
FUNCTIONS OF STATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE/LOCAL GOVERNMENT EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE / WARD EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
- To be seen and identify with prosecuting to the letters the main and primary set objectives and programmes of the party in the State, Local Government and Ward levels as the case may be.
- To raise and or generate funds for the running of the party
- To undertake membership drives
- To draw up strategies for political campaigns
- To mobilize voters at elections
- To implement Party directives and or Implement disciplinary measures in the descending order from NCWC downward to the National Convention, State Executive Committee, Local Government any Ward level.
DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE (i) Shall be responsible for conducting investigation/s of complaint/s made against party member/s and shall after careful completion of the investigation/s make adequate recommendation/s to the National Executive Committee whose decision shall be made available to the National Convention and thereafter to the NCWC for final determination. (ii) The National Legal Adviser and or the deputy National Adviser shall be a member of the disciplinary committee. (iii) The membership of this committee shall be minimum of seven out of twelve to be drawn from the rank of the twelve zonal co-ordinators.
- Quorum at meetings shall be four out of seven drawn from at least four zones of the Federation.
AUDIT COMMITTEE (i) Shall audit the accounts of the party at the National Level at least once a year and which report shall be presented to the National Executive Committee for reviewing, approval and presentation to the National Convention.
- The membership shall be at least seven to drawn out of the twelve zones of the Federation.
- Quorum at meetings shall be four drawn from at least four zones of the Federation
BANK ACCOUNTS (i) The party shall operate and maintain Bank account/s with reputable Banks having National Geographical spread (ii) The decision to open a bank account shall be taken at the NEC level
PARTY FUNDS (i) shall be generated internally and externally from its members in the form of registration fees, levies, donations and subscriptions etc (ii) from other National sources as approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
(i) shall be composed of at least seven persons who shall be full members of the party and shall be drawn from the various geographical areas of the Country
(ii) Board of Trustees members shall also be members of the National Central Working committee NCWC of the party.
(iii) Members shall be responsible for the safe keeping of the properties of the party at the National Level
(iv) Members shall be proven stake holders and responsible elders of the party.
- Members shall perform any other function that may be delegated them by the National Central Working Committee.
TENURE OF OFFICE
(i). All National officers of the party shall hold at the instance of the yearly National Convention but subject to all of the disciplinary conditions and stipulations contained in this instrument.
(ii). Any party officer who misbehaves in office, misuse his/her office, run anti party activities may be disciplined, suspended and or removed totally from office during his term of office after having been afforded fair hearing by the disciplinary committee and same decision ratified by the National Executive Committee
(iii). Any party officer shall be deemed to have resigned his position upon his submission of his letter of resignation and handing over to the National Secretary all properties of the party in his / her care.
- (i) All State, Local government and Ward officer at the instance of the yearly Congress of the State, Local government and Ward respectively. Provided that the National Executive Committee upon its decision/s having been ratified by the National Central Working Committee could remove any State offending officer/s from office at any time having good reason to do so.
(ii) The State Executive Committee shall have the power to remove any offending local government officer/s from office subject to its decision having ratified by the National Executive Committee.